This article aims to provide an end to end SEO (Search Engine Optimization) guide . It is a series of articles that will provide tips and techniques of SEO . You can find the remaining parts of this article from my page articles . To find the most up to date guide , please review the Guide to SEO .
SEO helps people find your website using search engines . Get more online business by improving your position in the search engines and what the relevant traffic to your website . This article describes how to do SEO -end- to-end of a website.
SEO vs Programming
SEO is different than normal programming software , which design, develop, debug, test and deploy. SEO is a fine-tuning activity website that includes the analysis and verification of web pages.
SEO is a combination of compliance with technical standards and seek to make your website relevant to certain keywords. While SEO work is done , probably will end up checking pages against the search rules . SEO is not really complete , but is an ongoing activity to meet the standards evolving search .
For good SEO, you should know how the indexer search engine work? However, this is exactly what we do not know ! That is “currently” how the indexer Google , MSN or Yahoo works. If you are not familiar with the indexer , you should know that a search engine has three main software components: Crawler, step by step and main search .
Crawler finds new web pages and get text , URLs and other information in the same search . Using URLs in the page, the crawler finds even more websites.
The caterpillars supplies link , text and URLs to indexer . Indexer applied algorithms (or search rules ) in this data to create a database of words and word pairs for the link.
Finally, the search page is where people could search and find relevant information indexed web pages.
In this article, we will learn about the standard search .
How to start SEO?
SEO is a process to verify their pages with the search rules . No search criteria itself, but tips and tricks to improve the quality of content search and ranking of sites .
• Validation XHTML 1.0 and CSS 2.1
• Optimizing Download Time
• Meta Tags
• Content page
• Image alt attribute
• Search Engine Friendly Links
XHTML 1.0 and CSS 2.1 Validation
Pages Cleaner result in better ranking and shorter charging time . Check your web pages to XHTML 1.0 and CSS 2.1 compliance compliance W3C Website . One way to eliminate all errors and warnings is to download a Visual Web Developer Express Edition free and check validate your page . A page is XHTML 1.0 Transitional compliant only if :
1. The appropriate closing tags , eg <img src=”logo.gif”> vs <img src=”logo.gif” />
2 . Appropriate sentences, for example <img src=logo.gif> vs <img src=”logo.gif” />
3 . No attribute of brief writing , for example, <selected <option> vs selected = “selected” > <option
4. HTML elements and attributes only lowercase . Vs <HTML> eg <html>
5 . And ,>, < , etc escaped everywhere : title , body, alt, and even URLs. for example > Vs >
6. And many other things . See xhtml1.0 Transitional specifications.
Check for valid HTML page. HTML Validator is a tool .
Download Time Optimization
If your web page takes a long time to download , people will close the browser window before loading . Bot keeps an eye and ranks the top pages receive more traffic. Apply the following optimizations to improve download time :
2. Do not embed CSS styles on the website . To move the styles in a separate CSS file * . And using class attributes in the website.
3 . Images and flash are not searchable and increase the loading time of the page. Avoid using images and flash.
4. If necessary , use images and flash files that are optimized for size.
5. Remove any blank, ie <br/> and <p/> . Also remove unnecessary tables, covers anddiv tags.
If your web site uses keywords that people use to search Google , MSN or Yahoo , chances are , your site will appear at the top or in the top 5 . Keyword research is a three-step process :
1. Understand business behind website
2. Knowing Search Trends (or what people are looking for)
3 . Keyword tools (to build the list of keywords)
Understanding business behind Web Site
For keyword research , it is important to know the purpose of the website or more properly the business behind the website. Thus, for example , sells www.holidayhypermarket.co.uk vacation packages online . They offer cheap vacation packages and wedding for many regions , but especially for Spain , the Caribbean and Dubai. Knowing this information helps you find the right keywords and thereby driving on the right of the web page. You can also visit a website with a similar theme.
Knowing Search Trends
Use the following tools to research what people are looking for or purchasing:
• Google Trends
• Trends for Websites
• Insights for Search
• Hot Trends
• Yahoo! Shopper
• Kanoodle Spy
Lookup search for alternative suggestions to improve the quality of your keywords:
• Yahoo! Search
• Google Suggest
All your research effort is to create a keyword keyword tag <meta> as shown below:
Collapse | Copy Code
<Meta name = “keywords ” content = ” bargain holidays , cheap holidays,
Cheap flights, family holidays, last minute holidays , last minute ,
late deals , holidays , holiday , holiday hypermarket , cheap holidays,
cheap vacation packages , ” / >
Do not repeat keywords for better ranking as most engines punish this. There are some engines that create their own key word text on the page . So the key words alone can not do magic .
Create a <meta> description tag as shown below. Search engines have keywords and description and limits truncate characters after a certain length. Character space limit varies with time / motor 100 to 300 characters. As this description appears in Search Engine Results Page (SERP ) , so it should clearly state the purpose of the website.
Collapse | Copy Code
<Meta name = “description ” content = “Book cheap holidays online at Holiday Hypermarket .
Millions of package holiday bargains , last minute deals ,
Cheap flights and all inclusive holidays to book online . ” / >
With the selection of right keywords, it is likely that people will click to navigate your website. I said possibilities, because through click depends on the quality of the title of the website and its description in the search engine results page (SERP ) . Sometimes , people do not click on first or second in SERP due to bad title and description. Providing a title using keywords as shown below:
Collapse | Copy Code
<title> Vacation Packages | Wedding Vacation Packages | Dubai |
Florida | Middle East | Europe | Caribbean | Far East < / title>
Content page should use keywords in <h1> , <h2> and text. This will make the “relevant ” to the title page , keywords and description and will result in a better position in search engines . Use a text browser such as Lynx to examine what content is available to search on your site . The search engine crawlers see your site as Lynx would . The following are the key areas where keywords matters :
• URL of the page. eg http://www.greatholidays.com/cheap-dubai-holiday-package-1345.aspx
• Sample Title Holiday Packages | Wedding Vacation Packages | Dubai | Florida | Middle East
• Meta Tags keywords and description
• <h1> , <h2> and content
• Image alt attribute
Image alt attribute
Be sure to specify <img> alt tag attribute using ” keyword” . Consider following <img> for SEOconsultancy :
• <img src=”seo-consultant.jpg” alt=”seo and website consultants”/> is more relevant to a search and SEO consulting compared to < img src = ” sc.jpg ” alt = “sc . jpg image ” /> or src =” sc.jpg “/> < img .
• Note that , the content search (sc vs seo- consultant) and relevant ( software house vs seo- consultant) are two different things . Using keywords makes the search both content and relevant.
Search Engine Friendly Links
cheap- dubai -vacation – package – 1345.aspx search is compared with hp.aspx ? d = 1345.
• Type a software component that generates leads and SEO friendly URLs .
• Try to name the image , flash and other files of this type include key words. DC.jpg can not search and irrelevant to a website digital cameras online , compared to digital – camera.jpg .
• Hyperlinks could be the title tag that has keywords, for example, <a href=”http://RafeySoft.com/” title=”Website Consultant”> Development and SEO
To find the most up to date guide , please review the Guide to SEO .